PayPal Donation
WoW News
Server Status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grumpy Old Farts Forum Index -> So who you might be?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncleboom
In-Game Rank 5

re: who is bloodcascade

El Sali

Being in Long Beach Ca. you think we would go out and do lots of things but we don't. The logistics of handling the kids is crazy, but we have been making an effort lately. we even went to a brewery this weekend tons of fun.

as for our love language, it must be the language of passive aggressive, because its the only one we know image. thankfully I know how to make her laugh.

El Sali
In-Game Guild Master

Mike thank you for sharing a little something about yourself and thank you for serving our country. As a GM of a guild I have shared some of your same experiences. It seem that some of the biggest blow up we have had in our guild is during a raid. Someone in Gchat starts drama then it gets escalated. 

I would love for you to raid with us and I can appreciate you trying to balance your life with the game. I myself have played WoW since 2008 and have been married since 2000. I appreciate that you put your wife and kids first. My wife is not a gamer but she is married one. Early in our marriage we went to marriage conferences that our church sponsored and learned how to work through times when we differ. We leaned that we both have love language and we have a date night where it just the two of us where we talk about us and do other things.

Do you have a date night with your wife? and do you know your wife love language and does she know yours?  

uncleboom
In-Game Rank 5

Before I get started BIG thank you to the Raid team for letting me join in on the H EN raid recently and getting me my AOTC. image

my name is mike and I’m 47 years old. I’ve been playing WOW since MOP. I'm original from Mississippi, in those days I rolled with Atari games like pitfall and yars revenge. I joined the marines and spent 6 years as 0311(infantry).  I settled in California late went back to school and got a degree in aerospace engineering from CSULB. I got married and had 4 kids, 2 of which are grown. My last 2 girls are 5 and 11, which means girl scouts, singing, cheer, playdates out wazoo and anything else they can think of. My family is the number 1 reason why I don’t raid anymore. Bad guild is the other. Back in MoP I was in a good guild called “still rippin” long story short one night the chat blew up over something stupid and it was gone. imageThe next morning, I found myself a raid leader and webmaster of a dying guild.

Back when SoO was live I got waaaay to deep into Raiding Openraid. With 4-5 nights of raiding scheduled per week. When you combine it with the pressure of trying to save a guild it was too much. one night I was literally at the dinner table with my family when I pulled out my laptop and told my wife my group needed me. Well as you can imagine that went badly. When you’re on the last boss of a raid and you can’t stop to comfort your wife crying in the bedroom it’s time to have an intervention. imageI retired from the game and went back to school to get a MBA. I’m now back on WOW, but with limitations, my wife simply won’t let me raid.

That doesn’t not mean I have forgotten what it’s like to raid. I main a fury warrior imagewhich gets no love thanks to all the you tubers bad mouthing it. I love my fury and take the time to work through most of its shortcomings. In the beginning, I was a clicker but taught myself to use the key binds. I spend a lot of time watching Fatboss tv videos just learn the strats. I still use ask mr robot to make sure my gear is up to speed (although that damn mark of the sayter is costing me). I use Icy-veins for class set ups. I also have serval addons that I use, DBM, NPC scan, AMR, cons legion, weak auras, and more. You might ask “why so much if you’re just using lfr?” well to be honest, I feel like I’m not contributing enough to the guild. So, I stay in tune with the old ways just in case I can answer someone’s question or help a guildie with anything they might need. you guys have a good thing here and should help it along when you can.

Lastly I am a mount collector fiendimage, currently I have 144 and love grinding for a new mount. the one I’m most proud of is Alani from the vale grinding shards took forever but I got it all by myself.

If you see me in the game feel free to ask me anything, I’m a chill kind of dude.

live long and prosper

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Grumpy Old Farts Forum Index -> So who you might be? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: